The Superior Watershed Partnership has completed 6 watershed management plans.
- Whetstone Brook and Orianna Creek WMP
- Lower Dead River Watershed Management Plan - available upon request
- Chocolay River WMP
- Salmon Trout River WMP.
- Munising Bay WMP
- Two Hearted River WMP
- Appendix A - Stream Monitoring Data
- Appendix B - Road/Stream Crossing Inventory Data
- Appendix C - Erosion Inventory Maps
- Two Hearted River Riparian Analysis
- Two Hearted Watershed Hydrologic Study
Carp River Watershed Management Planning - Marquette County is Underway!
Starting Summer 2010 the SWP will be developing the Carp River Watershed Management Plan. This watershed is within the jurisdictions of the City of Marquette, Ishpeming, and Negaunee. All these communities will be asked to participate.
Field monitoring and inventory is taking place now and will continue throughout the summer.
The goals of this project are to develop a watershed management plan that is then approved by the state and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The plan will provide recommendations for implementation of Best Management Practices that will improve water quality, restore habitat and provide other community benefits. Once the plan is complete and approved at the state and federal level, it can be used as an effective tool to help secure grant funding for prioritized projects. For instance, the Salmon Trout River Watershed Management Plan has helped secure over $1 million in state and federal grant funding for on-the-ground restoration projects.